There was a post on preloading images but it seemed to go over my head because I have no background in programming. The codes were extremely confusing and after trying for 5 whole days, I decided to ask this question.
I have to present a series of visual images one at a one for 3 secs. each. I'm using the online lime survey with my own server to develop this experiment. Because I am running this experiment online, some people are having issues with images being really slowly loaded and before they are completely loaded, the 3 sec. are up and it moves to the next image. Is there anyway I can pre-load all my images? If so, should I enter some code under the 'source' option in one of the question type or group section?
I've created a new group (with a question type) for each image as a boilerplate with a timer of 3 sec after which is moves on to the next group. The survey is setup as 'show group by group'. Thus, each image is presented one at a time.
In that case, preloading won't help you - you are already loading the image as the page loads. I think your problem lies in server or device performance.
Cheers,
Tony Partner Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Tony, I think what s_f means is that as there are only 3 seconds, sometimes the picture isn't loaded completely yet, but the test moves already forward. It could easily be that the timer already counts, while the picture is not there yet.
Wouldn't it be an option to load the pictures on the first page but hide them from displaying, thuse they should be in the browser cache and should load really quickly once it comes to the page with the timer?
Help us to help you!
Provide your LS version and where it is installed (own server, uni/employer, SaaS hosting, etc.).
Always provide a LSS file (not LSQ or LSG).
Note: I answer at this forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.