First off, I love LimeSurvey and I'd like to thank all involved for it
Second, We have a lot of issues with the LimeSurvey Ranking style question. While the JavaScript drag and drop is pretty, it is error prone. For example, when you first drag a box to the right side, it defaults to going above the last box placed. On the second drag, it defaults to BELOW the previous box. I believe this results in errors in rankings, or at the very least, a higher error rate than normal for this question type. No offense to the developers, it is a slick AJAX setup. But for "web challenged" users, it is problematic and I get a number of emails from survey users about it.
THE QUESTION: Is there a way to mimic the effect of a ranking question, using an Array question? So if the user ranks one particular row choice as #1, none of the other rows have that option available.
This is how SurveyMonkey does it, and I think it's a cleaner, more intuitive way of ranking, and less error prone.
Any advice would be appreciated, and I have coding experience... so if you point me in the right direction, I should be able to use code if necessary.