Looking to where I can change the text for a "List with Comment" question type. The text I want to change is the "Please enter your comment here" of this question type and even perhaps the size of the box. I've looked through the template and CSS files and cannot locate where this is. I have previously searched forums and other place online and have come up with nothing. Can anyone help? I've added an attachment of the question type for visual inspection.
The size can definitely be changed via the template css. You'll need to search for the id of this textbox and you can directly use CSS on it (if only this box should be changed, otherwise you'll need to go for the class).
The text should be part of the translation files.
Help us to help you!
Provide your LS version and where it is installed (own server, uni/employer, SaaS hosting, etc.).
Always provide a LSS file (not LSQ or LSG).
Note: I answer at this forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
Thanks for the fast reply. I have adjusted height in the CSS. I have located where you can edit the text. I originally tried editing the translation file "en.po"; however, that did not accept the change. Found out that you need to edit qanada.php file. Only issues is this is a Global file. Is there a way i can make a copy of this qanda.php file, rename it to let's say qanada2.php and have my particular survey call that instead? Reason I ask is we run multiple surveys and my fear is that I will soon forget this change I made.
If this is not part of the PO file (which I just can't believe) there is not much you can do. Did you create a different language and applied this to your survey? Maybe this works. Type "MyVerySpecialEnglish".
Help us to help you!
Provide your LS version and where it is installed (own server, uni/employer, SaaS hosting, etc.).
Always provide a LSS file (not LSQ or LSG).
Note: I answer at this forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
Rony wrote: If I want to change each one of those labels, do you know if there is any way?
The original post is in reference to a list with comments question type; this question type only has one comments box. Would you perhaps be asking about changing the label of the comments box in another question type?
OK, for the question you want to change the comment box label, in the box where you type the question text there is a button called source. When that is selected you can see the source code for the question. Here you will type