Apologies, probably this is not the right place to ask this question but I need this solved. The main thing that connects to here is that I use comfort update for something like 10 years and it works. I run surveys mainly for my colleagues and sometimes patients, these are usually fairly small surveys in size and numbers of responses. I am running into difficulties that prevent people from submitting their responses and that is not good at all:
The worst problem is I do not know how to control this behaviour and I cannot find a clear up-to date description. Is there a setting in the config file for LS, is there one for a Yii framework where is this set? Does it depend on database table session (and how it is different from another session type?)? Or does it depend on server php config file. How to diagnose this problem, exactly?
The baseline is - my colleagues are busy and it easily could happen that they start writing their answer in the morning and then something happens that takes them from completing the survey till the end of the working day. Or they get distracted from survey for a couple of hours. And they come back and see the above screen on submission. That is a big deal, I am sorry to say. I need to know how to prevent or control this behaviour. For my use case (and I would imagine for many these days) it would be perfectly acceptable that survey expired in 24 hours. It is there on a browser tab, keeping many tabs open is a customary thing these days. How can I make sure I can control LS session expiry time?
Many thanks for your help and advice, which I dearly hope is coming,
Limesurvey base directory contains php.ini which has:
Code:
session.gc_maxlifetime = 28800
LS: LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.6.6+241002