Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Why has the functionality of the survey editing menu changed in LS version 6?

• 2BITS_PL
  • 2BITS_PL's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 week 4 days ago #267245 by 2BITS_PL
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: v6.6.5
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: demo.limesurvey.org
Survey theme/template: Green
==================Currently, in version 6, there is no "collapse all" button anymore. You have to drag the resize bar all the way to the left to collapse the menu.After collapsing the menu, it still occupies vertical space with a set width. The icons from the menu, like in version 5, could be placed here. But since they were removed, shouldn’t it work in such a way that the panel on the right side of the menu takes up the entire window width, and the arrow stays at the top? Because that was probably the intention behind removing the menu, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #267249 by jelo

Currently, in version 6, there is no "collapse all" button anymore. You have to drag the resize bar all the way to the left to collapse the menu.

What menu do you mean? I see at least a "collapse all" button for questionsgroups.

I see an UI glitch in the way the survey settings and survey menu are placed. That looks like an open submenu.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by jelo.

• 2BITS_PL
  • 2BITS_PL's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 week 3 days ago #267250 by 2BITS_PL
If the concept has changed to remove the menu icons in order to increase the workspace area, then why do we have an empty column on the left with a size of col-1? It takes up a lot of space.
[img

Shouldn't everything be shifted as far to the left as possible to increase the workspace, just like in the second image?

Another thing is hiding. There is currently no button like in v5 that allowed you to do this instantly. Now, you have to grab the dragging icon to shrink the area as far to the left as possible (which is very inconvenient to use). The second issue is that in v5, instead of an icon, there was a bar running along the entire length of the menu, which was much more convenient to use.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

More
1 week 3 days ago #267252 by jelo
You're are bringing up new topics about UI design and what might is going in the wrong direction. Which is fine and you should open at least one bug ticket for them. The developers might take notice.

I still don't get where you miss a "collapse all" button?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team & Official Partner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team & Official Partner
More
1 week 3 days ago #267272 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. - Professional support - Plugins, theme and development .
I don't answer to private message.

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose