Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Scenario with multiple records of the same token

More
1 month 1 week ago #266696 by Ljubo
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition 3.28.77+231213
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template: extends vanilla
==================
Please help with the following scenario:
- The questionnaire consists of 45 identical assessment questions
- it is a non-anonymous survey with a unique token for each respondent and the option is left for the respondent to return to the same Questionnaire multiple times.
- each respondent should answer all those 45 questions multiple times (max 30), depending on the previously assigned list of subjects to be evaluated
- each those series of 45 answers (because they are unique) should be recorded in the database under his name (with a token or some other unique identification data).

This creates too many questions and together with the conditional equations makes the Questionnaire too "heavy", and the database of answers is then too large and complicated to process. Therefore, I am asking if it is possible in a such survey design to make the series of answers to be entered in the same Questionnaire database, one below the other, with the same token (or some other unique identification data)?

If not, is it possible to combine two Questionnaires: one for the list and the other for the questions?
If anything is possible, please explain how to do it.

I'm using LimeSurvey Community Edition 3.28.77+231213, however I can use the latest version (6.6.2. or other) if that's better and reliable enough!

Thanks in advance!
Ljubo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 month 1 week ago #266698 by Joffm
Hi,
use the correct "Participant settings "

or

Here you see the result.
Both participants completed the survey several times

And here you see that the value of "uses left" decreases.

For further information, please read the manual.
Here you read the effect of "Enable participant-based response persistence: "
[url] www.limesurvey.org/manual/Participant_se...response_persistence [/url]

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

More
1 month 1 week ago #266701 by Ljubo
First of all, thank you for your effort and answer.

It seems to me that we did not understand each other well because I did not explain the situation well (and I also incorrectly stated that it was 45 identical questions). I have to explain in a little more detail and more clearly:
- The questionnaire has 45 different questions (therefore, there are only 45 columns in the database for recording the answers to these questions!)
- it is necessary for the respondent to pass all the same 45 questions for 20 different assessment subjects
- the desired scenario would be: the respondent comes to the Questionnaire and on the first page (question) there is a list of say 20 subjects to be evaluated, each subject with the same 45 questions, but the results must be each separately. Let's say that the subject selection is made using a radio button type of question where only one answer is possible at a time. If he chooses, say, subject number 10, then the answers to the questions that evaluate subject number 10 go to one line of the database. Regardless of whether he completed all 45 questions for that subject, he wants to evaluate subject number 3. He returns to the first page and checks the radio button number three, and starts answering the same questions, but for subject number 3, those answers are also written down in a separate line in base, which is marked with the respondent's identification data and the information that it is case number three. If he now stops filling in subject number 3 and wants to return to filling in subject number 10, return to the first page and click on the radio button for subject number 10 and continue filling in the questions for subject number 10, the answers of which are written in the same previously started line in the database with the respondent and case number 10.

The problem with your proposed solution is that the system will write the answers in one line for the first time according to the principle: token of the person + value of the first question (which is the name of the subject) + answers to the 45 questions in the following columns. If we now go back to the first page and change the assessment subject, the system will go back to the same line, the token will remain the same, but it will override the assessment subject name and those previous 45 responses.

Otherwise, the matter can be solved by making 20 times a group of the same 45 questions and conditionally linking them to the initial list. However, such a solution turned out to be too big for me and the system worked very slowly!

I somehow think that my desired scenario cannot be done with the existing settings, but that maybe there is a workaround.

Well, I hope I have explained it well now and I hope there is a solution because it is quite important to me.

• Joffm
More
1 month 1 week ago #266703 by Joffm
Ah, this idea to go back, select something else and then answers this, occured several times.
And that's not possible.

And what's the difference to select one subject, answer the survey, then start the survey again, select a different subject, answer this,...?
And I should say, with some additional attributes and a plugin you can avoid duplicate selections .

Another approach:
One "father" survey, where you select the subject, link to a "child" survey, with the rest of the survey, at the end link to the "father" survey again.

But as usual, it's always advisable to send the lss export of the survey to avoid misunderstandings.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

More
1 month 1 week ago #266705 by Ljubo
Ha, that's what I thought :-)
Right now I'm struggling with studying how to set up that variant with two surveys. If you can just speed me up with some information or point me to a useful post, I would be grateful.
I assume both questionnaires should have the same list of people with matching tokens?
And how to dynamically create a url with tokens?

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose