Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

First time self-assessment: which route to take?

• hse_fhstp
  • hse_fhstp's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #266662 by hse_fhstp
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 6.6.2
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: LimeSurvey Cloud
Survey theme/template: vanilla
==================
Hello everyone,

I have a more general question: I was asked to support my university’s ethics advisory board by implementing their new self-assessment survey. Basically they asked "Can you do this? With LimeSurvey?" and I went "Sure!" without thinking about it too long and now I want to prove I was right :) Now, what am I planning to do?
  1. The survey as such is fairly basic, it has some 40+ questions (almost only mandatory single-choice) in around 8 thematic groups, some of which are easily skipped by a certain answer to the groups entry question (ie. if the research project is no clinical project we skip all the health-related questions). So there are quite a few conditions used, albeit basic ones.
  2. The advisory board would love the self-assessment survey to provide the participants with some kind of assessment report, ideally as anonymously as possible if participants do not want to provide details such as an e-mail-address.
  3. They want two versions of such report:
    1. A more general one that reflects on (general) issues in the thematic groups (ie. if one question in the dual-use-group was answered critically, the report would say something like "check and reconsider your research design in dual-use-aspects").
    2. A detailed one that shows all the answers to all of the survey’s questions filled in by the participant.
As I have not worked with Assessments and/or ExpressionScript before, have no deeper IT knowledge than some rather basic HMTL, LaTeX and some very very basic TurboPascal from my school years waaaaaay back but also have no fear of using code: which route shall I take?

I was starting to read the manual about ExpressionScript to work with that when I read there that I might as well get the job done with Assessments. So here I am and time is ticking. Thank you in advance for your kind help and always insightful thoughts on this.

Kind regards,

Max

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #266663 by Joffm
And the answer is: Yes, you can.
1. HTML and ExpressionScript is sufficient.
2. Forget the outdated assessment rules (you may use assessment values - in combination with the property ".value")
3. Report: have a look at the plugin pdfReport that lets you create good looking report (here you may need a bit HTML)
[url] gitlab.com/SondagesPro/ExportAndStats/pdfReport [/url]
EDIT: Now I saw "LimeSurvey Cloud". Here you can't install plugins (meaning LimeSurvey charges a bit; maybe it's within the budget of St.Pölten)

But anyway, you can create a report in the end-message.

Joffm

Hättest Du die Frage im deutschen Teil gestellt, wäre die Antwort ausführlicher gewesen.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Joffm.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose