Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can i creat a test with mark ?

• Anne-Céline
  • Anne-Céline's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 2 days ago #266616 by Anne-Céline
Can i creat a test with mark ? was created by Anne-Céline
 Your LimeSurvey version:  
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:  mfrcormaranche.limesurvey.net/
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hello, I am looking for a tool (other than Google) to create multiple-choice quizzes for my students. Someone suggested LimeSurvey because it is GDPR-compliant and its servers are located in Germany, but I am having difficulty doing what I want.I have successfully created the questions, but I wasn’t able to define correct answers. Is this possible?Additionally, is it possible to assign different weights to correct answers, rather than just giving 1 point per question?

Thanks in advances for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 weeks 2 days ago #266622 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Can i creat a test with mark ?
You probably found the assessment feature, which is quite outdated and I don't think it servers your purpose.

What you are trying to do is totally possible in Limesurvey and with Expression Manager/script you have a lot of flexibility in terms of how to calculate your points, etc.

However, it is not very clear what you mean with "define correct answers". Do you want to show respondents what the correct answer is or if their answer is correct, or do you want to give points for correct answers and provide a score at the end?

It would be good to understand a little bit better what you are trying to do, but I highly recommend to have a look at the manual about Expression manager. It looks a bit overwhelming at the beginning, but it is actually relatively simple.

If you give us a more detailed example on what you are trying to achive (e.g. provide a LSS file with an example) then we surely can give you some more hints here.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #266659 by tammo
Replied by tammo on topic Can i creat a test with mark ?
Maybe this can help:  www.respondage.nl/quiz-or-assessment/  
It is a quiz with a downloadable example, using expression script.

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose