Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

different levels of anonymity ? + single set of answers when sharing survey link

• Babs_32
  • Babs_32's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #266145 by Babs_32
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 3.27.19
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template:
==================Dear Forum,please apologize if I re-post questions that have already been answered in the forum. If this is the case, I would appreciate to refer me to those answers. As I have no technical background, I would be grateful for any advice. The survey conditions and setup are the following:The closed survey (token generated) will be emailed to different groups, with each group consisting of several persons. The persons in one group are encouraged to discuss the survey answers among themselves (thus there is no need for anonymity among persons of one group).However, it must be ensured that a) there is only one set of answers per group and b) we, as survey organizer, must ensure that the final answers are submitted anonymously (in fact, anonymity is even paramount in this case). In addition, due to the length and depth of questions, participants should be able to pause the survey and resume it later with access to the information they have already filled in previously.AnonymityAs anonymity is of paramount importance for this survey, I was wondering if the “Anonymized responses” option in “Participant settings” is checked “On”, does this mean this “overrides” all other choices in the “Participant settings” but also settings in “Notification & data” and “Publication & access”? Or to put it differently: Is the level of anonymity changed if options like “Set cookie to prevent repeated participation” (in Publication and access) are set to “on”.Ensuring single set of answers while allowing sharing the Survey-link (anonymized + token):As mentioned above, the survey must be anonymized, but it should be possible for the person who receives the original invitation (survey-url with token) to share it with others (whom he /she trusts) in order to get assistance in preparing the answers. -> Does any option that is chosen to ensure the anonymity limit the possibility of sharing the survey link? If so, which ones and are there any work-arounds? Many thanks in advance for your help!!Babs
In more detail the settings that I intend to implement:Participant settings”:-> “Anonymized responses:” On-> “Enable token-based response persistence:” Off-> “Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token:” Off-> “Allow public registration:” Off-> “Use HTML format for token emails:” On [any implications for the degree of anonymity? Or in other word: Good choice, if anonymity should be paramount?]-> “Send confirmation emails:” On [any implications for the degree of anonymity? Or in other word: Good choice, if anonymity should be paramount?]“Notification & Data”-> “Date stamp:” Off-> “Save IP address: ” Off-> “Save referrer URL: ” Off-> “Save timings: ” Off-> “Enable assessment mode: ” Off-> “Participant may save and resume later: ” Off-> “Google Analytics settings:” None “Publication & access:”All options: Off

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #266146 by holch
I am not sure if I understand.

If you use anonymized responses togehter with a closed survey (based on tokens) you won't be able to connect the answers given with any of the token data. So far, so good.

But how should it work that a person shares the link with others? They can certainly give the link to others and they can fill in the form, but once it is filled, that's it. And if people want to browse the questionnaire, they have to fill in something to proceed. So I am not sure how you would want to do this, sharing the survey, but only one response.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose