Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Suspicious time stamps

• baz6927
  • baz6927's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 months 5 days ago #265883 by baz6927
Suspicious time stamps was created by baz6927
Bitte helfen Sie uns, Ihnen zu helfen und füllen Sie alle relevanten Felder aus:
Ihre LimeSurvey Version: 5.6.26
Eigener Server oder LimeSurvey Hosting: I do not know where to find that information.
Umfrage-Thema/-Vorlage: Suspicious time stamps 
==================
I received many responses to my student survey. I initially shared it with friends, family and in business, and later shared it on Facebook in public groups. I decided to use a timestamp so that I could see when the survey was started and finished. I don't have an access code or a captcha because I didn't think it was relevant as it's only a small student survey.

I need your help to see if I have a problem and what I need to do:

After I shared the survey on Facebook, I received a very large number of responses. However, especially at night, I have received responses that are grouped in exactly the same or a very similar timestamp, sometimes up to ten responses with the same timestamp in the middle of the night and multiple times over several nights. They are fully answered and have different answers, so they are not simply the same or only have stereotypical answer patterns/extreme cross-users.
I find it suspicious and unrealistic that so many real people should have started and even more so finished the questionnaire at the same time, and in the middle of the night. Is it obvious that a bot or AI completed the questionnaire? Maybe this happens more often?
If I have to assume that my survey has not been completed by humans, how should I deal with data cleansing to meet scientific standards?

Is there a possible technical reason, e.g. that there are some server updates/connection interruptions so that the stamps are not correct and are therefore entered into my system later when the server has logged in again?

I am curious to see what you can contribute and I very much hope that I can still use my survey.
Greetings

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 months 5 days ago - 3 months 5 days ago #265885 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Suspicious time stamps
Please, do not cross post!

​​​​​​You also asked in the German part.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 months 5 days ago by Joffm.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose