Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Retrieve the chronological order of the questions asked

• SidonieLaPsyDE
  • SidonieLaPsyDE's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #265735 by SidonieLaPsyDE
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
LimeSurvey version: Version 6.5.15
Own server or LimeSurvey Cloud: LimeSurvey Cloud
Survey theme/template: fruity_twentythree
==================
Hello,

I'm contacting you because I'm having a problem interpreting the results of my questionnaire, which I'm administering as part of an experiment in psychology. This is my first experiment with LimeSurvey.

In this questionnaire, I have a group of questions (MTD_A), a group of reflection questions and another group of questions (MTD_B). I'm trying to assess the effect of the reflection questions on my MTD questions (A or B). So, to avoid bias, I randomised my MTD_A and MTD_B groups by group and I also randomised the questions within these 2 groups. Moreover, before activating the questionnaire I selected the option the "Save timings" option.

Unfortunately, when I exported the data I couldn't determine which group between MTD_A and MTD_B appeared first (or last): I couldn't find the chronological order of appearance of the questions asked for each participant, even when isolating each result. Similarly, I have the impression that I'm missing data on timekeeping : in the "submitdate" column I have the answer "1980-01-01 00:00:00" for the participants and the "groupTime" columns are empty. Would you have an explanation for this? 

Do you think there's a way, even a long and complicated one, that would allow me to find the chronological order of the questions asked? Even just one? Is there a way to use the timings to find a way (bearing in mind that I think I only have the time spent on each question)? Do you need more details or would you like me to send you a file?

Thank you very much for your time and attention,
Have a nice day!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #265737 by Joffm
Hi,
as you said

to avoid bias

But now you want to know the order of groups and questions.
Do you have a hypothesis that there is a difference due to the order?
Then you should have stored the order.
Here
[url] www.limesurvey.org/manual/ExpressionScri...#Access_to_variables [/url]
you find the two properties qseq (question sequence) and gseq (group sequence).
In a few questions of type equation you store these sequences, like
{list(MTDAQ1.gseq,MTDBQ1.gseq)}   (MTDAQ1 = code of first question in MTD_A,... depends on your coding)
and 
{list(MTDAQ1.qseq,MTDAQ2.qseq,MTDAQ3.qseq,...)}  (all question codes of group MTDA,...)

Now it's too late. Obviously you did not fully test your survey.

in the "submitdate" column I have the answer "1980-01-01 00:00:00" for the participants and the "groupTime" columns are empty.

What type of survey and with which settings was it activated?

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, SidonieLaPsyDE

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose