Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LIMIT OF TIME FOR COMPLETE SURVEY

• MariAngelesCalvo
  • MariAngelesCalvo's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 5 days ago #265684 by MariAngelesCalvo
LIMIT OF TIME FOR COMPLETE SURVEY was created by MariAngelesCalvo
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
LimeSurvey version: 6.5.15
Own server or LimeSurvey Cloud: LimeSurvey Cloud
Survey theme/template: 
==================

Hello community,

I am preparing a survey and I would need to set a minimum and a maximum time to be completed. For example, it cannot be answered in less than 5 minutes or in more than 11 minutes.

I have checked and tried several alternatives such as setting a timer per section, but the solution does not work for me because what it does is to move me to the next page.

Would there be any way to set a minimum and/or maximum time to answer -and to expel from the questionnaire if the time is exceeded or not allow the survey to be sent with a lower response time-? Or any kind of warning when the estimated response time has been exceeded? 

Best regards,
Mª Ángeles.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 months 5 days ago #265689 by holch
Replied by holch on topic LIMIT OF TIME FOR COMPLETE SURVEY
What are you trying to do? Trying to avoid speeders? Well, they learn pretty quickly that it is a good a idea to stop somewhere and wait a little, until they submit.

People generally have different speeds and just because someone is a little slower, doesn't mean they did not respond correctly.

But anyway, there is built in feature that limits the total time spent on the questionnaire. There are a couple of topics that discuss this though.

So a general idea, you could create your own limit by including a hidden question with the timestamp at the beginning and then you would need to check against this time stamp at the end, or depending on how you want this to work maybe on every single "page" of your questionnaire.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose