Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Minimal timer ?

• fclaise
  • fclaise's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 week 7 hours ago - 1 week 7 hours ago #265346 by fclaise
Minimal timer ? was created by fclaise
(Write here your question/remark)Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Cloud   Version 6.5.11
Own server or LimeSurvey Cloud:
Survey theme/template: Vanilla
==================
Dear users,

I've just finalized and tested my survey. Preliminary data (20 responses) show an average questionnaire response time of 7 minutes. The problem is that it's clearly impossible to answer the questionnaire correctly in such a short time. 10 minutes is a minimum, as I'm using hypothetical economic scenarios with some instructions to read.

My question is this: Can I add a minimum timer to avoid quick answers throughout the questionnaire?

Thank you very much for your help!
Fanny
Last edit: 1 week 7 hours ago by holch.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 week 7 hours ago #265347 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Minimal timer ?
So you did a soft launch and your respondents answered too quickly in your opinion?

Adding a minimal timer will not really solve this issue, but rather just hide the fact that your respondents are too quick and do not give it the necessary consideration. People will just sit this out, but I don't think that the response quality will increase.

However, is 7 min really too fast? I don't know. How did you determine this?

Also, average is dangerous, especially with small sample sizes. There could be 15 with 10min + and a few that are going through too quickly. Did you look at your data in detail to see how the average is built?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose