Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Print PDF - Autogenerate PDF after selecing "Print PDF" hyperlink.

• linuxhooligan
  • linuxhooligan's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #265060 by linuxhooligan
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 5.6.55+240220
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Self hosted
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
I cannot figure out something.  Details:

1) I am learning to use the pdfReport plugin and it comes with a demo survey called lime_survey_demo.lss that you can find here:  github.com/SondagesPro/pdfReport/blob/ma...rvey_survey_demo.lss

2) When I get to the last page of the pdf, I get a hyperlink to print your answers, the pdf is generated and opens up in a new tab.  This is perfect and here is how that page looks:

3) When I create a new survey, I get the same page as per above with the same kind of hyperlink, except that it redirects me to a second page where I get the option to print the pdf or generate the queXML pdf file.  That page looks like this:

I cannot figure out how the demo survey controls whether or not the second page is displayed or not.  Where is the setting? 

Thank you kindly.

Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by linuxhooligan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #265061 by Joffm
Which settings do you have in "pdf Report"?

Did you set "Replace public print answer"?

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

• linuxhooligan
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #265064 by linuxhooligan
That was it! Perfect, I knew it was something simple like that.

Very much appreciate the help here.

• linuxhooligan
More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #265070 by linuxhooligan
** EDIT **

Deleting question for now, resolved a number of issues.  Apologies for the noise.
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by linuxhooligan.

• DenisChenu
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #265072 by DenisChenu
If there are an issue with demo survey, i'm happy to fix it …………………
gitlab.com/SondagesPro/ExportAndStats/pdfReport/-/issues

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• linuxhooligan
More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #265075 by linuxhooligan
No issue at all.  The error was on my side.

The pdfReport and limeMpdf plugs work kind of amazing actually.  Having the report emailed to the user is an incredible feature. 

Questions:

1) When running the demo reportPDF survey is activated and I run it, the first page shows an error:  "Email is deactivated on this instance".  The demos survey mails out the pdf as an attachment just fine and I don't see any settings on the system that might cause the issue.  Any thoughts on what might cause this and how to resolve it?

Screenshot:  

2) Where do I control the email that is being sent out?  Details:

a) I get two emails to the mailbox using the demo tmeplate: 

* Response submissions
* Confirmation email + pdf attachment.

I would like to:

* Only send out the confirmation email + pdf attachment
* Not include the pdf report in the body of the email, only a confirmation text + an attachment.

The confirmation email is setup correctly in the EMAIL TEMPLATES section of the survey but both emails sent to the user contain the HTML report in the body of the email underneath the confirmation email body configuration.

Suggestions on where to look?  I have googled, read the manuals and searched forums, not quite sure where to find that configuration.

Link to sample survey for reference:   

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...2154.lss
File Size:34 KB

Thank you kindly.
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by linuxhooligan.

• DenisChenu
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #265077 by DenisChenu
For 1 : i deactivate mail sent on my demo instance to avoid spam.

I need to update demo survey without this information.

Else for 2
> * Not include the pdf report in the body of the email, only a confirmation text + an attachment.

PDF report content are not included by default in email content last timei test it.

LimeSurvey 6.X version ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .

• linuxhooligan
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #265078 by linuxhooligan
Aha!

1) Okay, I will review that.

2) Email + pdf:

a) My LimeSurvey version: Version 5.6.55+240220

b)  Here is what the email looks like in my inbox:   

You will note the default template text at the top and the html report under neath it inthe body of the mail.

• linuxhooligan
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #265082 by linuxhooligan
Aha! Okay, updates.

For any noobs getting up to speed, here is what you should keep in mind:

1) Install pdfReport and limeMpdf using the plugin manager.

2) Import the sample survey from the pdfReport demo folder.

Everything will work perfectly on Lime survey 5.x, there are no actual issues. Where I as a novice had to work a little bit is figuring out where the important components are that tweak the behaviour in various ways. For example:

* Setting the survey to "allow users to print answers' is one important feature.

* Setting the "Replace public print answer" in the report question is also important.

* Setting the Email reply templates is useful as well.

* It is also important tor realize that the file upload question is what is used for the report and this is where you generate your report.

* You can create a basic report using the question html editor on the page, but if you have limeMpdf plugin installed, you can construct a whole report using a set of supported Bootstrap html tags, text and expression script.

* The PDF help file is incredibly well documented and provides excellent references for what is possible.

* Of course, you have to setup your email settings successfully in Global Settings in order for the pdf to be attached and emailed.

Once setup, everything works perfectly.

Denis and team, this is an amazing set of plugins. Please ignore my post just prior to this one, I did not fully understand that those questions referred to settings in the sample survey provided. That was a perfect demo of what can be done and I have it working as we need it on a new survey just great.

Very much appreciate this plugin, this solved a huge challenge for us.

• DenisChenu
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #265083 by DenisChenu
> * Setting the survey to "allow users to print answers' is one important feature.

I think it must work without :( if it's not the case : it's a plugin issue. Used only if you want "Replace public print answer". But you can use it without this settings (and put the link in the content)

> * It is also important tor realize that the file upload question is what is used for the report and this is where you generate your report.

gitlab.com/SondagesPro/ExportAndStats/pdfReport#documentation here in strong : The pdf generated use the text of this question

>
* The PDF help file is incredibly well documented and provides excellent references for what is possible.

Thank you :) code is more easy than documentation for me.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose