Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Group randomisation-access to the order of presentation

• lelehd
  • lelehd's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #259779 by lelehd
Hello,

I am using limesurvey to evaluate the characteristics of my images (72 images presented randomly). Each image has to be presented once for x amount of time (via the stopwatch), then scored using a multiple numerical entry question.
Overall, to randomise my stimuli more easily, I created a group for each image (e.g. S1) consisting of a text display type question allowing me to display the image, followed by a multiple numerical entry question. Each group was then defined by rand1 to randomise the groups:

S01 (18631)
Description: None
Random group name :rand1

However, when I retrieve my results and try the questionnaire, I noticed that the groups randomised, since the pictures do not appear in the order in which they were created, but I do not have access to this (randomised) order when I retrieve the results.
I would therefore like to know if I can find a way of retrieving the order: e.g. instead of retrieving my results via csv in this predetermined order S1, S14, S25, S65 etc, i want the real order of presentation of the questions eg:S1, S2,S3,S4 etc.

Thank you,Version 3.23.6+200929

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #259790 by tpartner
In each group, you can insert a hidden equation type question to record the group sequence.

Qcode.gseq - manual.limesurvey.org/ExpressionScript_-...#Access_to_variables

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• holch
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #259805 by holch

I would therefore like to know if I can find a way of retrieving the order: e.g. instead of retrieving my results via csv in this predetermined order S1, S14, S25, S65 etc, i want the real order of presentation of the questions eg:S1, S2,S3,S4 etc.

As the order will be different for every respondent, how do you imagine this would work?

So the order in the CSV will always be the initial order, without randomization. Then use tpartners solution to record the position the image was shown for a specific respondent.

Version 3.23.6+200929

This is not only a version of LS that is EOL (End of Live - not actively supported anymore), but it also hasn't been updated for about 3,5 years. You really should consider a update to the latest LS 3, or even an upgrade to LS 5 or LS6.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose