Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Watching a survey being filled out live?

• joebloggs1987
  • joebloggs1987's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 months 1 week ago #245863 by joebloggs1987
Watching a survey being filled out live? was created by joebloggs1987
I recently saw a feature with a different survey platform that allowed someone to watch the responses being captured live on a different device, and was wondering if this is something that can be done in LimeSurvey?

User 1 would click on the main survey link and fill out the survey as normal, and could provide a URL to User 2. When User 2 clicks the link, they can see the same question that User 1 can see on their screen, and when User 1 selects answers or types free text this would appear on User 2's screen. User 2's experience is visual only, and does not allow any inputs. In addition, questions could be customised to only show certain elements of the question to User 2.

Is this something that LimeSurvey could potentially do? Currently running v3.28.x but looking to upgrade to v5.6.x

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #245866 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Watching a survey being filled out live?
I don't see any indication that this feature will make it into LimeSurvey. There are other features missing to keep up with the competition. We never can rule out sponsering of an feature.

I'm interested in that feature. Can you name the feature or the survey software name in the forum or via private message? I wonder how the progress on a page is shown to the viewing party. The feature has a value for B2B surveys where you often need more than one person to fill out. In LimeSurvey you allow people to reedit a survey via an URL that can be passed around.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 months 1 week ago #245869 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Watching a survey being filled out live?
I would also be interested in seeing demo of this.

Having said that, I'm having a very hard time figuring out what a use-case would be if user-2 can only view and not participate.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• holch
More
8 months 1 week ago #245876 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Watching a survey being filled out live?
We are running similar things in special cases as a mix of CATI and online Interviews or when we are testing quant surveys before the launch.

What we usually do is use a video conferencing system like Google Meet, Zoom, Teams, etc. and use screensharing where either the respondent shares their screen and fills out the form while the interview is just there to observe and/or help, or the interviewer shares the screen and interviews the respondent while filling out the questionnaire and the respondent can tag along, read the questions, see the images, etc.

I am not sure if one would need a special feature for this. But maybe I understood the approach wrong. We are doing similar things for 15+ years now with any survey platform imaginable.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose