Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Preventing repeated submissions when participants are recruited on platform

• MegiNd
  • MegiNd's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #239866 by MegiNd
Hello,

I am designing a survey, not anonymous and not closed, where participants will be recruited on the crowdsourcing platform Prolific. Prolific prevents participants from submitting the responses on their platform more than once, however, the actual link of the survey it is shown, so potentially individuals can save the LimeSurvey-link and submit the survey again under LimeSurvey instead of under Prolific. I am aware that tokens are used to prevent this problem, however I can´t create a participants list, as participants will be contacted and recruited through Prolific and though their mailing system. I also know the cookies option, but once you delete them, you are able to repeat the survey anyway. Is there any way I can resolve this?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #239869 by jelo

however, the actual link of the survey it is shown, so potentially individuals can save the LimeSurvey-link and submit the survey again under LimeSurvey instead of under Prolific.

Why would a participant do that? Normally, a panel like Prolific only pays out once. So accessing a survey directly will not result in an additional payout.

If you still expect people to access your survey directly, you can store the PROLIFIC_PID of each prolific respondent in your response set. The responses without an ID can then be sorted out.
Even if the IDs are fake, you can usually compare the IDs with the responses selected by Prolific.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: MegiNd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose