Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Scoring of survey with randomization hidden group

• eyeballs
  • eyeballs's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #239569 by eyeballs
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Version 5.5.1+230103
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: 
Own Server

Survey theme/template: custom
=========
hello:

We have a survey that starts with a pre-test "group" of 20 questions. These 20 question draw from a hidden group of 64 questions to facilitate randomization.
The subject then views a training video and after proceeds to the post-test.
The Post-test "group" of 20 questions is drawn from a separate hidden group of 64 questions so I can again facilitate randomized of questions.
This all seems to work fine up to this point.

The problem i'm having is the scoring of the pre and post test. I have three assessment rules.
1) Scope: group / Question Group: "Pre-test" / Minimum: Zero Maximum: 200 (correct answers have an assessment value of 10). Message:  Vehicle Pre-Test Score: {TOTAL}!
2) Scope: group / Question Group: "Post-test" / Minimum: Zero Maximum: 180 (correct answers have an assessment value of 10). Message:  Vehicle Post-Test Score: {TOTAL}. Failed!
3) Scope: group / Question Group: "Post-test" / Minimum: 190 Maximum: 200 (correct answers have an assessment value of 10). Message:  Vehicle Post-Test Score: {TOTAL}. Passed!

Accurate scoring does not work well.
So, basically at the end of the survey i'd like the user to see the total score of the pre-test. For the post test, below 189 points the message will show "Failed"; above 190 the message will be "Passed". The user may only get one question incorrect.

Any ideas to adjust/improve the design to make this work?

Thanks

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by eyeballs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #239571 by jelo

Accurate scoring does not work well.

The most common advice about assessment rules is to ditch them and create you own scoring system.

I have read your post twice but still don't get what isn't working
Which shows that I never use assessment rules ;-)
If every right answer gets a score of 10, why below 189? The rule uses 180 and 190 as the the thresholds.
Which looks OK.
So what results are wrong or not accurate enough?

I would recommend to check out ExpressionScript which will allow you to create your own scoring rules with a lot more flexibility.
And you have everything saved in the responseset. The assessment parts will never be saved and cannot be checked afterwards.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose