Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Protect intellectual property by blocking right click / copy / print page

• limesurveyuser22
  • limesurveyuser22's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #232465 by limesurveyuser22
Hello,
Is it possible to protect the intellectual property of the surveys by blocking the user to right click on a page, to select and copy text, and to print pages?
Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #232467 by jelo
To block the right click is total nonsense. I will press a shortcut to print a webpage or use the included developer-tools to extract every image in seconds.

I cannot recommend to invest time into JavaScript to block the rightbutton menu in a survey.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jmantysalo, limesurveyuser22

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #232472 by holch
And I second Jelo's comment.

It is not worth to spend even a second on trying to prevent that others can copy or save things that they can see on their screen.

When they can see it on their screen it is already on their device. With a javascript solution you will prevent only the most inexperienced people to get it. But even then, most people know how to make a screenshot. And even if you would be able to prevent screenshots: Most people have a camera with them at all times and they can just take a picture of the screen. No way to prevent that.

So either you accept that the images (or whatever it is you are presenting online) are not safe or you do the research in a controlled environment, where you control the device, e.g. invite the respondents to a central facility and sit them in front a computer that is controlled by you and where they don't have any way to transfer things to their device. Also make sure they can't take a smartphone or a camera with them into the room.

Car manufacturers for example spend a lot of money for security when they do image clinics. And even then it is never 100% secure, as some cases have shown.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jmantysalo, limesurveyuser22

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose