Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Identity of people answering

• ALORo6
  • ALORo6's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #228895 by ALORo6
Identity of people answering was created by ALORo6
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.13.16
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Lime Survey
Survey theme/template: ?
==================
Hello everyone, 

I made a survey for a seminar in Uni. I am a beginner with this website, and tried finding the answer in the forums but couldn't get my hands on it. 

I don't know if the data I'm looking for is available. Let me explain : there were 3 different parts in my survey, one of which asked identification questions to the people anonymously answering. It asked the gender which they identify to, their age and their level of finished education (i.e. bachelor, high school). 

What I'm looking for is the following : in the other 2 parts of the survey, I want to be able to know for all questions, which persons answered. 
For example, for a question such as : How much do you agree with the following statement : "My relationship with my sibling is very good."; I want to be able to know if more women answered yes than men.

I don't know how/if this is even possible to know when they answered the survey anonymously. I'm looking forward to your answers or any kind of help!
Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by ALORo6.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 10 months ago #228897 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Identity of people answering
Hi,

I want to be able to know if more women answered yes than men.

Hey, you asked the gender of the people.

So you know it and in your analysis you can create a cross tabulation, or if the answer to that question was really only "Yes" or "No" you calculate a CHI-Square.

Just create a small sample survey, activate it, enter some data, and study the answer table.
Then export the responses, import into your analysis tool and you will see, what you get.

Now some quibbles: 
If you asked the gender which they identify to, you won't get an answer to "be able to know if more women answered yes than men"
You only get an answer to "be able to know if more people who identified to women answered yes than people who identified to men at the moment of the survey"

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

• holch
More
1 year 10 months ago #228898 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Identity of people answering
This has nothing to do with Limesurvey, this is a general analysis question.

Just try it out. Run a few tests and see then how the data is saved in Limesurvey. You can export this data to Excel, CSV, SPSS and there you can your analysis.

Limesurvey also offers a simple reporting, but cross tabulation such as you are looking for is not available in the web interface. Of course you can filter for certain answers e.g. you can filter to see only the answer given by people who answered that they are female, but this takes long.

Better to analyse data in a proper tool for data analysis. Limesurvey is a tool for data collection.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
1 year 10 months ago #228899 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Identity of people answering
And one thing, if you say 3 parts, these are all part of the same questionnaire, right?

These are not 3 different questionnaires?

If it is all in the same questionnaire you have the answers of each respondent in the same line, thus you can connect the answers to different questions for the same respondent.

If you have 3 different surveys, then you would need to include some kind of ID that you pass from one part to the other. But I assume you are just referring to one survey with 3 different "parts" of questions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose