Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Pull selected options in a multiple choice question

• Fran1991
  • Fran1991's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #228452 by Fran1991
A pleasure to greet you members of the forum.

I write my problem hoping that someone can help me.

I tell you that I have a list of 30 websites for online shopping.

amazon.com
Sams.com.mx
soriana.com
chedraui.com.mx
cityclub.com.mx
lacomer.com.mx
coppel.com
costco.com.mx
elektra.com.mx
heb.com.mx
superama.com.
ironpalace.com
sears.com.mx
liverpool.com
etc...

Participants must select those they have bought in the last year in a multiple choice question (let's call it Q1) limiting their responses to just 5 favorites.

in a second question (let's call it P2) the degree of satisfaction is evaluated with a scale of 1 to 10 that I planted in a matrix question.

so far so good so use the relevance equation to filter these websites.

The problem lies in a third question, (let's call it Q3) since of these 30 sites I am going to take only the ones that have been evaluated in Q2. which can be from 1 to 5 answers.

P3. You assigned a rating of (response from P2) to the site (response from P1)

So I only have 5 open-text type questions to record your opinions.

P301
P302
P303
P304
P305

For the question I used .shown to pull the rating from P2 and used {if(P2_1 > 0, P1_1.shown)} to pull the name of the site you are rating.

Now my problem is that for obvious reasons I don't want the mark that was already evaluated in P301 to be the same that I have to evaluate P02 and that P03 is not the same as the one that was evaluated in P01 and P02.

I hope that clears up my doubts.

Thank you all very much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 11 months ago #228460 by Joffm
Sorry, I have no idea about your problem.

You have a multiple question P1 with a maximum of 5 selections (what is rather unimportant  for the further logic).
P2 is a matrix to evaluate these five selected brands
So you have 30 subquestions in P2 with the same subquestion codes as P1 and you set the array filter to P1

P3 is a multiple text input to write some comments about the five selected brands.
Again you have a question of multiple short text with 30 subquestions and the same subquestion codes as P1. Set the array filter to P1

Maybe I misunderstood.
Then please send a lss export of these relevant questions and explain again.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

• Fran1991
  • Fran1991's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #228482 by Fran1991
Hi joffm,

I think I was not very clear, apart from that I made the mistake of making the wrong type of question.

The answers that you have selected in Q01 you evaluated in Q02 with a matrix question and in Q03 I show a list of possible answers as to why your qualification in Q02.

So I separated variables for the ones I have selected in P01 so that it can be evaluated.

I leave you an example in LSS of what I am doing, the variables that you will see are the original ones and not fictitious as in my example.

Thank you very much for your valuable contributions.

• holch
More
1 year 11 months ago #228487 by holch
You did not answer the question about your version. This is important, because files from LS5 can't be imported into LS3.

If I start with LS3 and your file is from LS5, I can't open it. If I start with LS5 and your installation is LS3, I can import your file, but when I send you the export you won't be able to use it.

this is why these questions are there (about the version, about the theme, about where it is hosted). They help us to reduce guessing.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
1 year 11 months ago #228489 by holch
Just took the risk and imported it into LS5, where I can be sure it will work. If the export then doesn't work for your, it is your problem. ;-)

First of all, I find your design weird. Your first question is a multipunch question. So people can choose all brands they want. Why would you ask the same question again? I mean, this is a common approach for qualitative research ("any other brands"), when you ask an open question. There it makes sense, but with a list of brands already there? why do you expect that someone will suddenly remember a brand in the second list, if they didn't remember it reading through the first. I would get rid of this second question, it doesn't make any sense.

Also, depending on HD.5.1 HD7 sometimes doesn't have a question text. This is weird.

Why do you have two questions with HD7?

HD9 shouldn't be shown if there hasn't been any answer in HD8.

HD.9 shows all answers, for all three shops, one after the other, this doesn't make any sense.

Sorry, but I am really not sure what you are trying to do here.

All in all, this is a very strange questionnaire.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose