Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

"Triangle select"

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 1 month ago #226630 by Jmantysalo
"Triangle select" was created by Jmantysalo
An association has three goals. I was thinking about a survey where a member could select what he/she thinks is important to him/her.

What you think, could selectin a point from triangle be usefull? I.e. clicking in the middle of corner points A and B would mean that goal C is not considered not important at all, and goals A and B are about equally important.

And if so, could that be done in LimeSurvey?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 1 month ago #226654 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic "Triangle select"
I have had this request in the past and it did not go well. It is impossible to create a triangular clicking area with CSS . You can fake the appearance with border widths but that is not a true triangle. This leaves you with using an image and the math required to determine the relative position of a click gets huge, particularly when accounting for screen-size responsiveness.

If a simple multiple-numeric question is too boring, my suggestion would be to implement a range slider and load 3 inputs with the relative widths of each slider segment. A variation on this question theme - github.com/tpartner/LimeSurvey-Range-Slider-4x-5x

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jmantysalo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose