Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Include hidden field in admin notification mail

• McTell
  • McTell's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #223397 by McTell
I activated the feature to send detailed admin notification email. Yet, this excludes hidden questions. Is there way to explictily include them in the mail?

Thanks!
McTell
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 3 months ago #223398 by holch
You can always create your own "report" in the detailed admin notification email or add things to the current way, by using Expression Script/Manager.

E.g. let's say your hidden question has the question code "Qcode" and is a text question, then {Qcode} will write the given response into your email.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • McTell
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #223491 by McTell
Thanks for your respone. Could you elaborate on "report" in the detailed admin notification email — I guess I’m doing it wrong by attaching my question code being uses (that is `code`) after the list of mails, since this is not working

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by McTell.
  • holch
More
2 years 3 months ago #223498 by holch
Of course this won't work. ;-)

You need to adapt the email template for the detailed admin notification, which is where you can use YOUR question code. {code} is just an example that I gave. If you question code is 'hiddenquestion1", then you will have to insert {hiddenquestion1}, for example. This only will work for certain questions. Questions that have subquestions will need a different approach to access the responses of the subquestions, e.g. {questionscode_subquestioncode}

I recommend to read the manual about expression manager / script to understand how to build your own report in the email template.

Currently there is a specific code that includes all types of questions. But with expression manager you can decide more specifically what you want to include and how you want to include it into the detailed admin notification.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• McTell
More
2 years 3 months ago #223510 by McTell
Thanks!

I was missing the part that I need to navigate to Settings > Survey menu > Email templates > Detailed Admin Notification

Thanks for the details for subquestions as well!

PS my question code is indeed just {code}.

Best
McTell
  • holch
More
2 years 3 months ago #223516 by holch

PS my question code is indeed just {code}.

Ahhhh! It looked strange to me. ;-)

But looking back, I had actually used {Qcode} as an example. But seeing the generic {code} I must have jumped to conclusions.

Good that it works now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, McTell

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose