Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Live Push of Survey

• Maotkes_322532
  • Maotkes_322532's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
2 years 4 months ago #222942 by Maotkes_322532
Live Push of Survey was created by Maotkes_322532
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version:  Version 5.2.5+211207
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own Server
Theme: limey

==================
Hi Folks.  Very new to Lime Survey, but i show this to be a very powerful solution to the "needs" that we have. Quite a few questions, and i did "search" for this via the "search" tool, but it produced nothing.. so, here's the question --  our clients have used Sli.do in the past, and with Sli.do you can enable and disable "survey/polling" on the fly. Can this also be done via LimeSurvey ..where we can enable or disable a poll in "real time" ? 
Appreciate any answers to this question as for we're testing with the client this afternoon, and can't seem to figure out how/where to do this.
Thank you kindly.

John
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 4 months ago #222944 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Live Push of Survey
I am not quite sure what you mean with "enable and disable a survey on the fly".

You can activate and deactivate your survey at any time. Or if you probably will want to continue later you can just "time it out" by setting the end time of the survey in the past.

If that is not what you are looking for, then please explain in more detail.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Maotkes_322532
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
2 years 4 months ago #222945 by Maotkes_322532
Replied by Maotkes_322532 on topic Live Push of Survey
Hi Holch. Thanks for the quick response. So, if you've ever used Sli.do or PollEverywhere .. you can go into a moderator back end, and have a "holder" image prior to "launching" the poll/survey. In essence, the moderator will make the "survey" live and launch the questions/survey. They, then, at the end of the poll/survey, can deactivate the poll/survey and place the "holder" image back up. Also, is there a way to show the responses coming in from all attendees in real time ? Thanks for your help Holch. John
  • holch
More
2 years 4 months ago #222946 by holch
I don't think that Limesurvey is the ideal tool for what you are trying to do. I had a quick look at what Sli.do is and it seems to focused on very simple polls in real time.

Limesurvey is rather a survey tool for more complex surveys over a longer period of time. I am not saying that you might not be able to tweak Limesurvey so that you can get to the result you want to get to, but certainly not out of the box. Limesurvey has a simple reporting in the back end, I don't think it will work in real time, as in it updates the graph every couple of seconds.

All this probably can be achieved with some customizations, but not out of the box. What you are trying to do is just not the focus of Limesurvey. It is made for more complex surveys that require analysis, etc.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • Maotkes_322532
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
2 years 4 months ago #222947 by Maotkes_322532
Hi Holch; thanks for getting back to me. We'll we are deep into this now with dev of this application within our CMS, so.. guess we need to come up with a way of doing this. Would you or somebody else provide guidance on whom we could hire to create a script/template to invoke what we're looking to do? i have another question, related to templates.. should i post this on a different string?
thanks john
  • holch
More
2 years 4 months ago #222948 by holch
Limesurvey is quite flexible, when it comes to integration and customization, because as OSS you have full access to everything. And you can also create addons/plugins, so you do not necessarily "hack" the main application, but you can rather create a plugin just for your needs.

Regarding who to hire: Limesurvey has a website which lists the official partners: www.limesurvey.com/

I can recommend for example two that are also very active users in the forum and will probably show up soon (but are generally not pushing their services actively) - in no particular order:

Denis Chenu - www.sondages.pro/

Tpartner - partnersurveys.com/

I think both are very well experienced with Limesurvey and depending on your needs, might be able to support you with customization.

• holch
More
2 years 4 months ago #222949 by holch
Regarding the other topic about the themes: yes, please open another topic in the correct subforum.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Maotkes_322532
  • Maotkes_322532
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
2 years 4 months ago #222950 by Maotkes_322532
thanks so much Holch.. greatly appreciated.
  • Maotkes_322532
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
2 years 4 months ago #222951 by Maotkes_322532
awesome. thanks again Holch. I see light at the end of the tunnel :)
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 4 months ago #222984 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Live Push of Survey
For simple poll inside a CMS, i think it's better to use a soimpliest tool tahn LimeSurvey

Drupal have webform : www.drupal.org/project/webform (maybe too complex too)
wordpress or joomla have surely something
Spip can be extended with contrib.spip.net/Formidable-le-generateur-de-formulaires

etc …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Maotkes_322532
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
2 years 4 months ago #222997 by Maotkes_322532
Hi Denis. thanks for the email. we have opted to go with Lime due to the fact that we can customize and host on our own server -- which is huge for our clients that require a secure interface. I do appreciate you getting back to me, and have a great day.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 4 months ago #222999 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Live Push of Survey
Drupal, Spip, wordpress or joomla can be used too on your own server ;).

Whenj i look to sli/.do : seems more a simple poll.
I'm really unsure LimeSurvey is the best solution.

Maybe a apps.nextcloud.com/ or yunohost.org/en/apps too …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose