Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multiple technical questions for the usage of LimeSurvey

• MarwinLe
  • MarwinLe's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #220683 by MarwinLe
Dear LimeSurvey support technicians,

I have some development questions:

1.) Is it possible to use any kind of server-side code (e.g. PHP)?

2.) Example scenario: We have a Survey "A" and a Survey "B" . "A" is done by single individuals and references the userId of "A" (its like an evaluation of the person who do "A"). Is it possible to start survey "B"  based on some "already done" survey of "A"? Is it possible to "select" values from "A" and start "B"?

3.) It gets more detailed: If "A" is done, is it possible to render some .pdf file? 

4.) Which Plugins are required to render .pdf files? Is it capable to render manipulate .svg graphics beforehand and render it into .pdf with a given structure?

5.) If "B" is done, is it possible to get all "B"s who reference the same user of "A" and use that data to render another report into a .pdf file?

6.) Is it possible to build functions that gets triggered after e.g. "B" is done 4 times?

7.) Is it possible to use server-side email functions? We want to send those pdf-reports to a certain email address.

Thanks in advance,
ML
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by MarwinLe.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #220684 by holch

Dear LimeSurvey support technicians,

First of all, this forum is mainly run by volunteers, users that help other users, not support technicians. If you are a paying customer of the Limesurey SaaS products, then you can get in touch with the support provided by Limesurvey GmbH. We in the forum focus on the Community Edition of Limesurvey.

1.) Is it possible to use any kind of server-side code (e.g. PHP)?

Within Limesurvey, afaik, you can not use PHP. But if you run Limesurvey on your own server, you can always create your own PHP scripts outside of Limesurvey.

2.) Example scenario: We have a Survey "A" and a Survey "B" . "A" is done by single individuals and references the userId of "A" (its like an evaluation of the person who do "A"). Is it possible to start survey "B" based on some "already done" survey of "A"? Is it possible to "select" values from "A" and start "B"?

I don't really understand that scenario. Why not explain the real use case, and not create it very abstract, that often makes it difficult to understand what you are actually trying to do.

3.) It gets more detailed: If "A" is done, is it possible to render some .pdf file?

There is a plugin called "pdfReport" created by Denis ( github.com/SondagesPro/pdfReport ) which should do the trick.

4.) Which Plugins are required to render .pdf files? Is it capable to render manipulate .svg graphics beforehand and render it into .pdf with a given structure?

5.) If "B" is done, is it possible to get all "B"s who reference the same user of "A" and use that data to render another report into a .pdf file?

6.) Is it possible to build functions that gets triggered after e.g. "B" is done 4 times?

7.) Is it possible to use server-side email functions? We want to send those pdf-reports to a certain email address.

You should have a look at the mentioned report and see if it can do what you are looking for.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by holch.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 5 months ago #220707 by DenisChenu

2.) Example scenario: We have a Survey "A" and a Survey "B" . "A" is done by single individuals and references the userId of "A" (its like an evaluation of the person who do "A"). Is it possible to start survey "B"  based on some "already done" survey of "A"? Is it possible to "select" values from "A" and start "B"?

The plugin : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyAccess/surveyChaining is done for something like this

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose