Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

customizing audio player

• LigiaS
  • LigiaS's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #220509 by LigiaS
customizing audio player was created by LigiaS
I've managed to add html audio players to my questions, with the following simple code:<audio controls="controls"><source src="/limesurvey/upload/surveys/939573/files/M1TonD.mp3"/></audio>

Now I need to add an audio player that has no timer on it. I want to ask participants how long they think a song was. I've been told that can be done by editing the audio player in CSS. Even if I get that CSS code by asking someone to do it, how do I paste that in my questions? Placing it using the source button, next to where I put the html code doesn't seem to work. 

I appreciate any help. 

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 6 months ago #220530 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic customizing audio player

Placing it using the source button, next to where I put the html code doesn't seem to work.

Is the XSS filter disabled? Can you provide a sample of your code?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • LigiaS
More
2 years 6 months ago #220533 by LigiaS
Replied by LigiaS on topic customizing audio player
Thanks tpartner.

It seems like I can't change the xss filter in my account. Just googled to see what that was and found this manual.limesurvey.org/Global_settings
But in my account I don't even have the 'configuration' menu. I'm sending a screenshot.

For now I've just been using the simple code for html audio player like this <audio controls="controls"><source src="/limesurvey/upload/surveys/939573/files/M1TonD.mp3"/></audio>

But I've been told that in CSS it is possible to hide the timer. My doubt is: If I get someone to do that for me in CSS is it possible to include in lime survey? Or lime just accepts HTML? I don't know anything about programming (I'm a musician) but it looks to me that I should have separate places to put html, java and css. For instance these audio players all seem to need html and css. 
freefrontend.com/css-music-players/

Thanks for the help 
  • tpartner
More
2 years 6 months ago #220534 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic customizing audio player
You cannot insert CSS or JavaScript unless you have access to the themes or the XSS filter is disabled. You will need to contact your system administrator.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • LigiaS
More
2 years 6 months ago #220622 by LigiaS
Replied by LigiaS on topic customizing audio player
Thanks for the help. Now I know what to do.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose