Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Link Token IDs to Unique Survey Links

• tucciv1
  • tucciv1's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #219614 by tucciv1
Link Token IDs to Unique Survey Links was created by tucciv1
Can you create a unique invitation link for each survey participant that brings them to the same survey? If so, can you then assign dummy tokens to each unique invitation link?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 6 months ago #219616 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Link Token IDs to Unique Survey Links
Hmm, I am not quite sure I can follow?

The unique invitation links are basically links that include the tokens.

So you create a participant list with tokens (can be dummy participants) and each link will include an individual token.

The token is basically what makes the link individual.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Joffm
More
2 years 6 months ago #219619 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Link Token IDs to Unique Survey Links
As @holch, this is the standard behaviour of a closed survey (a survey with defined participants).

More information here in the manual
[url] manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants [/url]

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
More
2 years 5 months ago #220591 by davebostockgmail
Replied by davebostockgmail on topic Link Token IDs to Unique Survey Links
I have had what I think is a similar issue, in that we had an open survey which then needed a unique number, and I use the term unique loosely here, that could then be used as a token in a subsequent survey so we could link the responses together.

This was done as the screener survey was "open" and the follow up surveys were all closed (also used as a way of letting clients send out invitations with their own customer ID's).

To do this you have to have access to the database and create a PHP file that generates a random number, populates the token table in the database with that random number along with a dummy name and email and then redirects to the survey with that dummy token in the survey URL. This allowed me to export the complete data and use it in a standard way for the follow up surveys with an ID that linked all the data.

PHP code to do this is below .. the Config.php should contain all your usual connection strings etc. for database connection

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

include("Config.php");
session_start();

$panel= rand(100000000000000,999999999999999);

$sql= "INSERT INTO `yourDatabaseName`.`lime_tokens_surveyID` (firstname, lastname, token) VALUES ('First', 'Last', '$panel');";

$result=mysqli_query($db,$sql);

header("location: https://yourServerAddress/index.php/SurveyID?token={$panel}&newtest=Y");

?>

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose