Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Permission management, automatic permissions

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 7 months ago #219409 by Jmantysalo
I got a query like this: "Hi, I am Alice. I have made several surveys. I want Bob to have access to all of them, and automatically to all surveys I make in the future."

I am quite sure that Alice does not really mean that -- projects changes, people move to other departments etc, so Alice might some day do something totally unrelated to Bob. Anyways, what should I answer? A survey group can have common settings, but permissions can not be set to all surveys in a group.

Or maybe "sorry cannot do" is the right answer this time?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 7 months ago #219422 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Permission management, automatic permissions

A survey group can have common settings, but permissions can not be set to all surveys in a group.

But : in 5.X : you can give Survey permission at group level.
Survey IN the group inherited permission

It work like Global survey rights. Then Alice can create a Survey group (or superadmin can create a Survey group) and give rights to Alice and Bob.

Remind of the User group visibility too : Alice and Bob must be in same user grop (tey can be in a lot of User group).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jmantysalo
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose