Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to display array question?

• cheeseburger
  • cheeseburger's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #218523 by cheeseburger
How to display array question? was created by cheeseburger
Hi. I have a question of type "array" with a QID of Q1. My ANSWER OPTIONS are A1/Yes and A2/No. My SubQuestions are SQ001/Cat and SQ002/Dog. The QUESTION for the entire item (when you click EDIT and place a value in the QUESTION field) is Do you like cats and dogs? I am trying to display the question value using this type of syntax {Q1.question} but am getting red highlighting reading that it is not seeing this as a valid variable. I have tried several other options for the syntax but can't seem to get it to connect. My goal is to create a summary page where we display the question and the values that were selected for each sub question. So it would display like this:   Do you like cats and dogs: Dogs - No, Cat's - Yes. 

This page ( manual.limesurvey.org/ExpressionScript_e...e_using_placeholders ) touches on the topic, but it doesn't seem to reference this basic type of array question type OR the connection using {QID.question} is not connecting for some unknown reason. The 50 other short text questions we have are connecting fine. This array is the only challenge. 

LS version: 3.27.7

Thank you for any help!

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by cheeseburger.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #218524 by holch
Replied by holch on topic How to display array question?
Q1.question does not exist in Limesurvey for this question type (Afaik).

Unfortunately you can't display the question text with this for Matrix-Questions (or any question with subquestion, as far as I know - not sure if this has changed in LS 5).

You can display the subquestion text with questioncode_subquestioncode.question

I think there is a feature request somewhere for displaying the question text also for questions with subquestions, but not sure if there has been done something for LS5

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheeseburger
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 8 months ago #218530 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic How to display array question?

Unfortunately you can't display the question text with this for Matrix-Questions (or any question with subquestion, as far as I know - not sure if this has changed in LS 5).

Only need to activate core plugin :https://manual.limesurvey.org/ExpressionQuestionForAll
I n fact since .question is needed for specific usage and take a lot memory in SESSION : i think we must move whole in plugin (like .help).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose