Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Embedded video doesn't show + can there be a question with no answer option

• Hersis
  • Hersis's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #218191 by Hersis
Hello. :)

I am a student who would like to do some research with the help of LimeSurvey (it's the only platform available at my university).

First of, in my research I have to show videos to the subjects. These videos contain a few words that have to be shown for a specific time period. These videos should not be re-watched by the subjects. That's why I'm wondering if there is any type of question (or sth other maybe?) in the LimeSurvey that allows to view videos, can be time-limited and automatically change to the 1st question in my test after that time is up.
I tried to put those videos in a question, but it doesn't look good, cause there are always some "choose option" or "write answer here" visible. And I don't want subjects to answer me at this point - only to watch video. Is there any way to do this?

The other problem I'm encountering is that whatever I try, no video I put in a question is visible when I click "preview survey/question group/question".
I can put the video (mp4) into the LimeSurvey files and when I upload it into a question it works fine in the editor, but never shows up in the preview.
Similar thing happens when I try to put an embedded video from YT. But this time only a frame is visible in the editor - no video content that should be there. In the preview there is nothing visible at all.

Please note, that I have zero knowledge about coding. I tried to follow the instructions I found on this forum (e.g.:  forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...videos-in-limesurvey ) but to no avail.
Since I have little time to complete my research, I would be very grateful for any advice or tips you could offer.

LimeSurey Version 3.22.12+200406
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Hersis. Reason: Added LS version
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 9 months ago #218192 by holch
For one of the issues you should have a look at the different question types available in Limesurvey:

manual.limesurvey.org/Question_types

And specifically here: manual.limesurvey.org/Question_types#Text_display

The text display question type is exactly for this purpose. To present text or images without actually having any answer options.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hersis
  • Hersis
More
2 years 9 months ago #218193 by Hersis
Thank you very, very much. ❤︎
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
2 years 9 months ago #218211 by tpartner

I can put the video (mp4) into the LimeSurvey files and when I upload it into a question it works fine in the editor, but never shows up in the preview.

Check with your system administrator to see if you have permissions to insert videos.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Hersis
More
2 years 9 months ago #218263 by Hersis
Thank you very much, I'll try to contact them. Unfortunately I don't know how long it'll take them to respond and that's what worries me. :(

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose