Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automatically send, in real time, a message to an email address collected

• Terpog
  • Terpog's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #217913 by Terpog
Dear all,I am quite new to LimeSurvey and new to the forum. I have tried to find my way through the documentation and previous posts but I could not find what I am looking for. So, here I am.

PLATFORM: Version 3.20.0+191112, no access to global settings due to my organization policies.PURPOSE: I am in a context of a business survey, anonymous, no token. Just sharing one single link.

In sampled organizations there is no single person who have all the pieces of information I want to collect. So, I would like respondent A (our contacted participant) to be able to answer that for some questions it is better to contact respondent B, and input his/her email. Then, I would like to use the newly provided email address to invite B to take the survey, using a standard message. The more automatic the process, the better. Should I be able to do this without saving the B's email in the data table, even better. Our GDPR officers would be happier.

MY QUESTION: Is it possible in LimeSurvey to use B’s email address collected in a previous question answered by A, and automatically send B an invitation message, according to a given template?If so, how can I manage to get there?Finally, should this result in a bounced message, is it possible to use this feedback to automatically generate an error message to respondent A? (i.e. to validate the mail address provided by a delivery attempt)
 A previous message in the forum, pointed me to the use of admin notification templates, but I could not find a way to dynamically set the recipient email, nor to make the respondent activate the “send-mail process” while completing the questionnaire.
forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...pant-during-a-survey  

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks for your attention
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Terpog. Reason: awful text format
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 8 months ago #217932 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
2 years 8 months ago #217937 by holch
admin notification emails are the only way to do what you are trying to do, but not all of it.

Admin notification emails are only sent once the survey is finished. So you can't send this email while the respondent is still in the survey.

There is no way you can check the bounce.

The email needs to be stored in the database, otherwise Limesurvey can't really send the admin email to.

So you might actually need to create a plugin or your own little program, where you can manage your email "invitation" from within the survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
2 years 8 months ago #217938 by holch
admin notification emails are the only way to do what you are trying to do, but not all of it.

Admin notification emails are only sent once the survey is finished. So you can't send this email while the respondent is still in the survey.

There is no way you can check the bounce.

The email needs to be stored in the database, otherwise Limesurvey can't really send the admin email to.

So you might actually need to create a plugin or your own little program, where you can manage your email "invitation" from within the survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Terpog
  • Terpog's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #217945 by Terpog
Dear Holch and DenisChenu,

many thanks for your help and suggestions.
All the best

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose