Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How can I make the comment in List with comment mandatory if

• blocka
  • blocka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 9 months ago #217830 by blocka
I just need a nudge in the right direction!
I have a list with comment question where if the answer is No, I want to make the comment mandatory, else comment isn't mandatory.

The question is like:
Do you want to continue? Yes | No
And I figured I could use a question validation equation to force comment mandatory if the answer is No, like this:

Question validation equation is ((!is_empty(self.sq_comment) AND Q1=="A2")) OR (Q1=="A1")

But if I select "Yes" (Q1=="A1") I am still told I cannot submit the question.

What might I be doing wrong?

File Attachment:

File Name: survey_385354.lss
File Size:19 KB
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 9 months ago #217832 by tpartner
Why not add a following long-text question shown via relevance?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • blocka
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 9 months ago #217833 by blocka
Usually, I would -- but in this case, the list with comment question is used in a quota to early terminate the survey, so a following question won't be shown if the response is No, because the survey will terminate before the text question is shown.
  • tpartner
More
2 years 9 months ago #217838 by tpartner
On the same page?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
2 years 9 months ago #217849 by holch
Besides the suggestion of Tpartner, you could put the screenout a little later via equation question, to avoid your issue.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• blocka
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 9 months ago #217870 by blocka
Right, so basically I could use equation question to set the value of a hidden Yes/No (eg: code=QuitNow) type question to Yes/No based on the response to Q1, and use QuitNow with quota, correct?
  • holch
More
2 years 9 months ago #217877 by holch
No, depending on your version of Limesurvey, you could use the equation directly for your zero quota, no need to set another question type anymore, afaik.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• tpartner
More
2 years 9 months ago #217891 by tpartner
I don't see the need for an equation question. I have tested my solution and the value in the screen-out radio and following text question are saved after a screen-out on the first page.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• holch
More
2 years 9 months ago #217893 by holch

I don't see the need for an equation question. I have tested my solution and the value in the screen-out radio and following text question are saved after a screen-out on the first page.

I agree, I don't see why it should not work, if you use group by group display with both questions on the same page.

If you use question by question, then the additional question would not be shown if the zero quota is on the first question. Which is why I mentioned the option of the equation question after these two questions. Just an alternative.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose