Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Anonymous Surveys without Token

• zara.szigeti
  • zara.szigeti's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #217068 by zara.szigeti
Anonymous Surveys without Token was created by zara.szigeti
I'm relatively new to LimeSurvey, so bear with me in case this is a silly question. 

I am a researcher for a hospital, so there are a lot of ethical considerations that need to go into play when collecting any sort of identifiable information. Consequently, it's a lot easier to just do anonymized surveys if possible. I have created a survey that I would like to distribute to doctors across Canada. I will not have access to any of these doctors' emails, so I can't individually add my participants and send this survey directly to them. Ideally, we would have one link that doctors can click on (this link will be circulated via email listervs and social media platforms), and that link will take them to the survey. Is it possible to have an anonymized survey without tokens, but rather is just public? Do I need tokens at any point?

Any help would be great! 
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 10 months ago #217070 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Anonymous Surveys without Token
This is actually the standard behaviour. When activating your survey, just do not switch on the closed/restricted mode. Then the survey link presented in the backend can be used and anyone who has the link can fill in the survey. Of course, you have no control over who fills in the survey, but I guess you are aware of that.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• zara.szigeti
  • zara.szigeti's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #217071 by zara.szigeti
Replied by zara.szigeti on topic Anonymous Surveys without Token
Thanks so much for this. The link will also be circulated within social media channels that are affiliated with a professional association and e-mail listervs associated with specific hospitals. So while I won't have control over who fills in the survey, the link will only be available if you are a part of these professional associations.

Do I need to do anything regarding a Survey Participant Table if I am not activating the restricted mode?
  • holch
More
2 years 10 months ago #217072 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Anonymous Surveys without Token
No, as soon as you create a survey participant table the survey will be restricted, as far as I know. So if you created a survey participant table you will most likely have to delete it.

In your case, just don't use tokens/restricted mode and you are fine.

Anyone who receives the link can fill in the survey as many times as they want to (you might be able to restrict it via cookies, but that is no real protection).

If a HCP sends it to his partner who has no formation in HC, they can fill it in as well.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose