Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Default attribute names and language versions of the panel.

• alorenc
  • alorenc's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #216652 by alorenc
Hi,

in version 3.25.19 (because it currently has it) I noticed that by introducing attributes in CPD and setting visibility in the panel. It displays the default name, not the one that is set to the language version.

The question is whether there is an easy way to view the language version, not the one defined as default. The point is, if the defaults are in Polish and someone is set to English, they won't know what those additional fields mean.

The same applies to the attributes inside the survey, here even if the language version is set in the EN / PL survey, we can change the headers displayed on the frontend. However, the panel displays a default name (field description), which in the case of the EN version cannot be changed, if the default is PL (I know that this is the key that binds these fields).

That's why I ask:
  1. In the case of a CPD list, you could use the language version defined for the attribute instead of the default. Provided that it is compatible with the user's language version.
  2. In the case of survey attributes, the matter is more difficult. Because the survey does not have to be language versions. Presentation in the list of field descriptions may be unreadable for a person using a language other than the default one. But if the attributes are mapped from CPD, wouldn't it be possible to display the default language against the mapping (if any)?

PS. I know the solution is to use the English name as the default in both cases. But it is not a satisfactory solution.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose