Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change response order in response list

• psystudent20
  • psystudent20's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #216006 by psystudent20
Change response order in response list was created by psystudent20
Hi everybody,

I've got a question concerning the order of the responses in the response list of a survey. 

The default is that the oldest responses are displayed first. If you want to have a look at the responses of the most recent participant, you have to scroll down or change the page. Is there an option to change this order, i.e. the most recent participant being displayed first? As we have to check the answers of every participant who completes the survey, this would save us a lot of time! 

Thanks in advance for your answers!

(I'm working with LimeSurvey version 3.23.1+200825)

Best regards,
Corinna
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 11 months ago #216007 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Change response order in response list
Have you tried to click on the respective column to change the sort order?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• psystudent20
More
2 years 11 months ago #216083 by psystudent20
Replied by psystudent20 on topic Change response order in response list
Thanks for your quick reply! We already tried the option to change the sort order but this still means "time-consuming" clicking. If we could set the default to display the most recent replies first, without needing to resort the column, this would be even more comfortable and time-saving.

Best regards!
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 11 months ago #216109 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Change response order in response list

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
2 years 11 months ago #216121 by holch
Well, yes, you need to click once. I wouldn't really consider this very time consuming, but I understand that for your use case it would be better if always the newest answers would be shown.

So you would need to make a feature request (or provide a pull request with the solution) and hope that someone will include this into the software.

Don't get your hopes too high. I have a feeling that most feature requests are not even read. ;-)

A pull request might be more successful, but even then it is not guaranteed to make it into the software.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 11 months ago #216157 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Change response order in response list

Don't get your hopes too high. I have a feeling that most feature requests are not even read. ;-)

Yes, maybe BUT : when some dev want to push a new feature : have some Feature request are more easy …

Without feature request ... really more difficult to have it in next release (reason why i do exclusively event now).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
2 years 11 months ago #216185 by holch

Yes, maybe BUT : when some dev want to push a new feature : have some Feature request are more easy …

Agreed. That's why I say "Do it", but at the same time I am trying to manage expectations.

And I have a couple of feature requests for years now. I would consider them rather important for anyone who is using LS for more than just a quick study for their masters degree.

None of the features have been implemented, not even considered, I think. I have to admit though, that my feature requests usually would require some major coding, I guess.

• psystudent20
More
2 years 11 months ago #216190 by psystudent20
Replied by psystudent20 on topic Change response order in response list
Ahh thanks for your suggestion, I think we will consider a feature/pull request then. Even if it's not that promising... But we will try!

Thanks a lot

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose