Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Two progress bars, first for mandatory questions, second for optional questions

• adelphisurveys
  • adelphisurveys's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #215531 by adelphisurveys
Hello,

I have a question if this can be done with LimeSurvey. I have a survey that consists of 20 normal mandatory questions. So questions that have to be answered and 10 additional questions that are completely optional. To make these optional questions stand out a little bit, I would like to have two separate progress bars. So one progress bar for the mandatory questions and one for the purely optional questions. Is this relatively easy to solve or do I have to solve this programmatically myself? 

Would be grateful for any idea, because when researching I could not find anything. 

Thanks 

Greetings Bavra
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 11 months ago #215534 by tpartner
You will have to code that yourself.

- getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/progress/

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
2 years 11 months ago #215541 by holch
Not a direct solution to your problem, but if the mandatory questions are before the optional questions, you could think of creating two separate surveys and join them via end url, then you "naturally" would have two progress bars anway. Just an idea.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• adelphisurveys
  • adelphisurveys's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #215596 by adelphisurveys
Thank you very much for your feedback. Splitting my survey into two surveys and then reconnecting the two via URL is something I've thought of. However, there is a lot of logic in the survey and the second survey would then have to access the logic of the first survey. And that doesn't work, does it?

If I would solve this via templating: getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/progress/
then I would need at least a possibility to adapt the templating to the question groups. So question group 1 has progress bar 1 and question group 2 has progress bar 2. But I didn't find that here: manual.limesurvey.org/Theme_editor

Did I miss something there?

Then the progress bar would only have a display character without logic behind it, but that would not be so bad.

Thanks for your support
  • holch
More
2 years 11 months ago #215600 by holch

However, there is a lot of logic in the survey and the second survey would then have to access the logic of the first survey.

If you need logic between the mandatory and the optiona questions, then splitting the survey might not work, I agree. Always depends on how much logic is really involved and if you can't pass parameters in the URL.

Of course, if the logic is based on a big portion of the 20 mandatory questions, this might not work, but passing 1 or 2 parameters should be doable.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose