Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Take care my invitation do not go to spam

• tammo
  • tammo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
3 years 1 day ago - 3 years 1 day ago #215068 by tammo
We followed all advises, we make clean invitations (only one link, no images), but still our invitations to outlook.com and to hotmail.com addresses go to spam-boxes.

www.codeinwp.com/blog/why-are-my-emails-going-to-spam/
sendpulse.com/blog/prevent-emails-landing-spam-folder

Where to find expert advise?

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
Last edit: 3 years 1 day ago by tammo.
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 1 day ago #215071 by jelo

We followed all advises, we make clean invitations (only one link, no images), but still our invitations to outlook.com and to hotmail.com addresses go to spam-boxes.

There is no golden advise. The more people move their emails to the big providers (Google.Microsoft), the issues with real SPAM is pushing theses provider to more automatic tools to identify SPAM.
They use there own internal tools which are often based on metrics (volume, time, IP reputation) etc. You won't get any information about why the scoring happend that way. And often the provider don't know as well.

The selling proposition of Microsoft365 and Google is, that they will care about emailhandling. But they don't define rules per customer. They have basic, global rules and allow customers to deactivate them and create their own. Most customers won't do that. They won't look into the logs or quarantine tools. So more and more legitimate emails are placed into SPAM. More is placed into quarantine and more often mailservers get completely blocked.  Which is always presented as you fault. Never the fault of Microsoft or other big providers.  Which is a lie.
The lie is, that good mail management is scaling and that big providers can maintain the mailserver for millions of customers with their staff.

The next level now is that the SPAM is no longer coming from outside, but from within.

If you mail survey invitations to private / free mails, you can buy yourself into Whitelist mailprovider. E.g. certified-senders.org/

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 22 hours ago #215079 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Take care my invitation do not go to spam

So more and more legitimate emails are placed into SPAM. More is placed into quarantine and more often mailservers get completely blocked.

I can second that. Especially in the last year I noticed that more and more legitimate emails end up in the spam folder of my Gmail account. For example forum notifications of Limesurvey ended up there. Even when marking them as "no spam", a couple of weeks later it starts all over again.

The approach run by Gmail was once pretty good. However, lately there are many false positives.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
3 years 19 hours ago #215098 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Take care my invitation do not go to spam
Did you check on www.mail-tester.com/ ?

But even with a 10 on 10 : microsoft can send you at spam.
And when you ask a reason : nobody answer.

I have SPF + DKIM + DMARC … all OK. Seem better since i have some user asking to set me as ham.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
3 years 12 hours ago #215112 by jelo

I have SPF + DKIM + DMARC … all OK. Seem better since i have some user asking to set me as ham.

The internal SPAM and quarantine filters of Google,Microsoft and others are not really looking at these things.
I still recommend to use these for many reasons, but the main issue are the internal scoring models done by small groups inside the big mail providers.
Mail-tester is helping no make no mistakes when it comes to sending mails and find issues in the mailserver setup. But the SPAM scoring cannot be really prevented via mail-tester.

There is an ongoing "war" to revoke the right to maintain your own mailserver. By default the scoring models of big provider will score a new mailserver and low volume mailserver as a threat.
Postmaster are no longer answering and removing blocks. A mailserver itself can easily setup, but the handling of postmaster issues with other providers will drive you mad.

As long as people are passive and happy with what is reaching their inbox, Microsoft, Google and Co. will not change. And most users are not customers. They cannot escalate anything on there free mailaccounts.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 6 hours ago - 3 years 6 hours ago #215115 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Take care my invitation do not go to spam
I never have issue with google except when some user have a lot of broken email.
Clearly have a clean email server help a lot of gmail or yahoo.

Only microsoft sent to spam (or to ham) without logic …

There is an ongoing "war" to revoke the right to maintain your own mailserver. By default the scoring models of big provider will score a new mailserver and low volume mailserver as a threat.

For information even big issue's like mailinblue, mailjet etc … have issue

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 3 years 6 hours ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose