Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Lime Survey as an election voting and special resolutions system

• ccansw
  • ccansw's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #214597 by ccansw
Hi
I work with an industry association in AU. It has about 100 voting members. I have sorted out  the election polling with Limesurvey and am confident it  will work well enough.
However, I will  have to provide for special resolutions from the floor.

WIll LimeSurvey allow
  • Stopping a current (voting) survey to add a new question
  • Re-activation of the survey; and
  • existing token holders to vote on the added question without disrupting previous questions they have responded to?
Thanks

CCANSW
Sydney, AUstralia
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by ccansw. Reason: syntax correction
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 1 week ago #214613 by jelo

• Stopping a current (voting) survey to add a new question
  • Re-activation of the survey; and
  • existing token holders to vote on the added question without disrupting previous questions they have responded to?

What does "disrupting previous questions" mean?
To add a question, you need to deactivate the survey. You can reimport response data and participants list.

Depending on where and how the additional question is added to the survey, I would expect different effects. Depending where the token respondents are, the additional question might not be shown.

I recommend you just check the procedure of deactivating, adding questions and reactivating a survey with the LimeSurvey version you actually use.
It should work, but certain versions can have bug, preventing the procedure.

Depending on the legal implications of such a vote, I cannot recommend to do it that way. You cannot be 100% sure, if voters have seen the additional question in every situation.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 1 week ago #214636 by holch
I agree with Jelo in this. Limesurvey is a survey tool. It can be used for other purposes to a certain degree. But in general, in survey developing, one important rule is to make all modifications BEFORE you start the fieldwork. Limesurvey is probably not the best tool if you have to add questions later on and previous respondents will have to vote on this additional question. I would rather create a new questionnaire and send a new invitation, than to deactivate a survey, include a new question and reactivate it. If at all.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose