Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Using GoogleMaps or Openstreetmap to enter address

• ls_chtoune
  • ls_chtoune's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #213869 by ls_chtoune
Hey,I would like to collect postal addresses in a transport questionnaire. I created a short question and used the localisation tool. But there is no box to enter an address (or I made an error). I would like the respondent to indicate a city and an address in a text box and to zoom in on that address. Then they can move the cursor to the exact location they want to indicate (see the example from the google maps website, ex1_map). For now, I only have a box to indicate coordinates (see the example from my survey test, ex2_map).Thank you for your help ! 
The topic has been locked.
  • ls_chtoune
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #214073 by ls_chtoune
Hey,
I tested this option (and many others) : forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...nswer-via-javascript
=> the .lss file provide by Tpartner
But the map does not change according to the entered address and the autocomplete does not work. It is as if I didn't write anything.
I entered my Apikey, in the global settings and in the code. Any idea why it doesn't work ?
Best.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #214084 by DenisChenu
OSM didn't include anything to use ciurrent address, old project for me , never find time (or client).

GMap API allow you to save current some address value, but not search.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #214106 by tpartner

But the map does not change according to the entered address and the autocomplete does not work. It is as if I didn't write anything.
I entered my Apikey, in the global settings and in the code. Any idea why it doesn't work ?
Best.

Are there any JavaScript errors in the console?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • ls_chtoune
More
3 years 2 days ago #215205 by ls_chtoune
Sorry for the delay in answering. When I last checked, I did not see the answer. In the meantime, I resolved the problem by changing my API key. I still do not know why it didn't work with the first one.
Best

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose