Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Many answers at the same time with same token

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #213732 by Jmantysalo
If a "participant" of a survey is actually a group, can they take the survey at the same time, or will it blow up something?

"Participant 123" would actually be company A, and participant 456 company B. Welcome-page would say "This is a survey for people working at {TOKEN:FIRSTNAME} it-department", a question group could have condition TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1='askdetails' and so on.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Jmantysalo.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 1 month ago #213734 by holch
This is a very good question...

And I think with certain settings that it will definitely "blow up". If you make the right settings I am not sure, but it should be fine.

E.g. you can't use "token based response persistence". I think this would create chaos.

manual.limesurvey.org/Participant_settings

"Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token" this one makes me think as well now.

Because "allow multiple responses" is one thing, but "update responses with one token" is another.

If this option is activated, participants will be able to return to their survey by clicking the invitation link, even if they have already submitted the survey. If the survey is anonymous or "Enable token-based response persistence" is set to "No", this will add a new response. If the survey is not anonymous and token-based response persistence is enabled, the user will update the existing responses.

So if there is no token based response persistence, then a new response will be created. This is basically what you want.

I am not sure though, what happens if someone else is currently using the same token to fill out another response.

Let's see what others say....

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Jmantysalo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 1 month ago #213738 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Many answers at the same time with same token

E.g. you can't use "token based response persistence". I think this would create chaos.
True, at least that must be disabled.

Because "allow multiple responses" is one thing, but "update responses with one token" is another.

Yes, I have noticed that too. What is even meant to happen when you have both? Logically the system should then show your old responses and ask if you want to enter a new one or select one for modifying.

Our university services uses a LimeSurvey form where you can tell for example that air condition has failed on some room. It could be useful sometimes to be able to modify "answer" given by the form.
  • Jmantysalo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 1 month ago #213739 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Many answers at the same time with same token
Meta-level question: if a setting like this is split to two parts, can ComfortUpdate handle that?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose