Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is there a way to compare two versions of a questionnaire?

• dnvservices
  • dnvservices's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #213146 by dnvservices
A colleague recently made changes to a questionnaire. We would like to know if there is a way to compare the two questionnaires and see the changes. This is in questionnaire design. Not the results of the survey but the questionnaire itself. Thank you.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #213147 by holch
There is no feature within Limesurvey, no.

But you might be able to copare the LSS files externally. They are XML files and you can open them with normal text editors. Not sure if there is software that allows you to compare two text files...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #213161 by DenisChenu

But you might be able to copare the LSS files externally. They are XML files and you can open them with normal text editors. Not sure if there is software that allows you to compare two text files...

Meld : meldmerge.org/ for example.

But XML use qid and gid etc …
I tghink best solution is to export as TSV (text separator value) , remove the 1st 2 columns and comapre in Calc

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose