Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Group Name in results file

• mi_for
  • mi_for's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #213041 by mi_for
Group Name in results file was created by mi_for
Hi,
after fruitlessly browsing the forum and the manual, I think it's now time to ask: Is there any way to show the question group names in the results file?
What I am trying to accomplish is the following: I want three individuals to be rated on four scales each. To make the questionnaire as adaptable as possible (I need to be able to change the names easily), I used the names of the individuals as question groups.
In the results file there is however no reference to the question groups, which makes it impossible to know, which results belong to which individual, IF(!) you do not have access to the respective survey (I would need this to streamline the analysis).
I already tried to solve it by using {GROUPNAME} in the questions in each group. This displays nicely in the actual survey, however is not shown in the resultsfile (there it is shown literally as "{GROUPNAME}"). Then I tried using a hidden equation to pass the groupname to the resultsfile. (With {GROUPNAME} as "equation" argument. But this leaves me with an empty string in the resultsfile (probably, because the groupname is not passed on until the results are written?). 
I hope it is vaguely clear what I try to accomplish. 
My LS version is: 2.59.1                          
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 1 month ago #213045 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Group Name in results file
I don't really get what you are trying to do, but I think the group name is just not the right thing to use here.

Personally, I would always hide the group name and group description anyway and would only use them internally.

I think I would create equation questions where I would write the name of the individual to rate (as many equation questions as needed) and then either use a text display question at the beginning of group or even pipe the name of the invididual into each question text via {individual1}, assuming that the name of the first individual is stored in the question with the code "individual1".

But, ideally you provide us with a LSS sample with only the necessary questions to show what you are trying to do (copy your survey, delete everything that is not needed, export it as LSS and upload it here).

By the way, you should seriously consider an upgrade. Your branch (LS 2.5x) is not supported anymore and on top of that you are using a really, really outdated version of that already outdated branch (Last version should be something like 2.7x).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mi_for
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose