Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I restrict participation from the same device twice without importing emails

• EmiliaGniesser
  • EmiliaGniesser's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #212459 by EmiliaGniesser
I would like to do a company-wide survey, but I don't want to import all 6000+ emails into Limesurvey. I however need to restrict paticipation from the same user twice. Is it possible to do it without providing the emails?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 2 months ago #212462 by tpartner
The only reliable way to restrict participation is with tokens.

It only takes a few minutes to import thousands of tokens via CSV.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
More
3 years 2 months ago #212472 by holch
Like Tpartner. If the issue is the work to import them, than this won't take you more than a couple of minutes. Preparing a CSV file with the emails should be quick.

Now, if the concern is uploading 6000 email addresses to a tool in the cloud, you could approach it differently.

You could just create dummy tokens with fake emails. You can then create token links in Excel pretty easily and you can send personal links including tokens to each employee through your internal email system. This still will give you control over the number of times a link can be used, but you won't have to upload any real email addresses.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose