Can I conditionally send admin notification?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #212345 by blocka
I have a use case where I need an email sent to the survey admin, but only in the case where certain conditions are true in the survey. Is there a way to send admin email only certain condition is true (like a question that asks "Do you want us to follow up with you by phone?" And if answer is Yes, then the admin notification email is sent? And if No, then admin isn't sent?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #212350 by tpartner
Yes, you can use Expression Manage/Script in the notification email settings.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Official LimeSurvey Partner - partnersurveys.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #212351 by blocka
Excellent, I will test this out. I assume then if the template message body is empty due to the condition returning an empty value, the admin notification won't be sent, or do I also need to have the condition in the subject line?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #212355 by DenisChenu
No : use expressio directly inside notification email : manual.limesurvey.org/Notifications_%26_..._notifications_email

For example {if(Q01 > 1, 'userOK@example.org',if(Q01 < -1, 'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.',''))}

My advice : use an equation quetsion directly , and just put {MyEquationEmail} in the setting.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development . I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by DenisChenu.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now