Tony,
I know I am abusing your kindness, but I had to change the question.
Now the array has some rows and 4 columns.
I need, per each row, to have either one of the first columns (or both) or one of the last two.
That is, these are the only configurations ok:
1 0 0 0
1 1 0 0
0 1 0 0
0 0 1 0
0 0 0 1
I tried to modify the script you wrote, but obviously my skills are not enough.
With the exclusivity this configured, I will set a relevance equation in the next question, so that it is displayed if only the last two columns have been selected (i.e. if the answers are the last two exapmles I wrote). I plan to use something like sum(Q1_SQ001_SQ00C,Q1_SQ001_SQ00D,Q1_SQ002_SQ00C,Q1_SQ002_SQ00D,Q1_SQ003_SQ00C,Q1_SQ003_SQ00D)=

unless there is a way to sum all the values for the last two columns ...
Thank you again
G.