Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Panel integration and comparison of two dates (HH:MM)

• arnaudbore
  • arnaudbore's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #211650 by arnaudbore
Dear experts,

I try to find a way to compare two dates (actually HH:MM) between two surveys. The main idea is to use panel integration to import a date from a survey A to another survey ( survey B ) where there is a another date and be able to compare these two dates. 

Option 1: I thought I could use panel integration to import a date (through the URL) but it seems I can not prefill a date this way.
Option 2: I prefilled an equation with the date from survey A. It worked but I get: 1970-01-01 09:15. Remember my date question is actually a HH:MM format. But because of the output format I'm not able to compare this equation with the date in the survey B. I created an equation to show both dates and it's clear I get the same hour but not the same date (survey A : 1970-01-01 09:15, survey B : 2021-02-06 12:15)

There is something I don't understand. Is there a way to export only HH:MM through the URL and then compare just HH:MM with date of the second survey? Or maybe I don't even think this issue correctly.

I hope my explanation is somewhat clear.
Thank you in advance for your help
Arnaud
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by arnaudbore. Reason: smiley
The topic has been locked.
  • arnaudbore
  • arnaudbore's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #211709 by arnaudbore
Ok I find a way to compare these two dates using function substr so now I'm able to compare only HH:MM and not the whole date even if 1970-01-01 is still a mystery for me.

Best option would still have been to be able to integrate the date into a date question/answer instead of pre-filling a short text question.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose