Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token without table of participants

• Cjonath
  • Cjonath's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #210476 by Cjonath
Token without table of participants was created by Cjonath
Hello everyone

I want to create a survey-1, in which the participant has a unique token, but without a table of participants. It's possible?

It will be useful for me, because I want to create a table of participants in a survey-2, in which the participants have the same token created in the survey-1.

The questions in Survey-2 are different from Survey-1 and the period for conducting the two surveys will also be different.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 3 months ago #210486 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Token without table of participants
No, to be able to use the tokens in LS you need to create a token table.

It will be useful for me, because I want to create a table of participants in a survey-2, in which the participants have the same token created in the survey-1.

Well, you just use the same token table then...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Cjonath
  • Cjonath's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #210490 by Cjonath
Replied by Cjonath on topic Token without table of participants
Thanks for the help Holch

I don't want to use the table of the participant in the survey-1, as I do not want the participant to answer the survey-1 only after the registration email.

I will use the email that participants will send in survey-1 (in response to a question) to link participants to survey-2 response.
  • holch
More
3 years 3 months ago #210503 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Token without table of participants

I don't want to use the table of the participant in the survey-1, as I do not want the participant to answer the survey-1 only after the registration email.

Hmm, still don't understand what the problem is, but you seemed to have found a solution.

as I do not want the participant to answer the survey-1 only after the registration email.

I assume this means that you don't want a "closed survey", but rather an open survey where anyone can access the link. This would be important to mention before. Because if you say the person has an "unique token", this means for me that you need to create a token table.

But even in an open survey, every response gets asigned an ID (SAVEDID), which you could also use to include into the token table of survey 2.

So you have an open survey 1 and at the end you collect the email address to be able to send them the links to survey 2, which are using tokens to identify the respondents. Within the token table you can include the email they provided as well as the SAVEDID from survey 1, this will help you to connect the two datasets, in case this is what you want to do for analysis.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose