Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Foreign Country Survey

• LuisHerr
  • LuisHerr's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #209782 by LuisHerr
Foreign Country Survey was created by LuisHerr
Hello,

i am planning to carry out a study in Germany as well as in Scandinavian countries as part of a final thesis.
Since I live in Germany, I have a lot of contacts to spread out my survey here. However, I don't know how best to proceed with foreign countries. Do any of you have tips? Are there special tools, groups or service providers for this?

Thank you very much for your answers,

Luis
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 4 months ago #209814 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Foreign Country Survey
This forum is about how to use Limesurvey, not how to run surveys in general.

But I will give you my 2 cents:

I have a lot of contacts to spread out my survey here

Depending on your survey, this might actually not be the best approach. Your contacts might belong to a certain part of society in Germany and you might bring in a bias into your data.

E.g. if you are a very environmentally concious person, the incidence of other environmentally concious people in your social circle is probably a lot higher than in the general population. So if you spread your survey via your peers you might bring a bias into the survey. Which is why sampling is a very important think when it comes to market research and even more important when it comes to predicting elections.

There are service providers called "Online Access Panels" that provide samples for surveys. However, they are not always cheap.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose