Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Quota and 2nd End-URL

• wahoowa
  • wahoowa's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #209471 by wahoowa
Quota and 2nd End-URL was created by wahoowa
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the possibilities of quotas and End-Urls.

I want to create a survey in which all participants will be forwarded to a certain End-Url. Additionally, I would want participants who answer yes to a certain question to be forwarded to the registration of another survey at the end of the survey.

If I understand it correctly, I would have to set 2 End-Url (one via End-URL and one via the quota-function; and I believe this not possible).

Maybe somebody has experienced a similar problem and knows a workaround?

Many thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 4 months ago #209476 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Quota and 2nd End-URL
Well, yes and no.

It depends what you want to do. Quotas make only sense if you want to stop the survey directly after that question were they answer "yes" to.

So you would need to explain a little bit more.

Additionally, I would want participants who answer yes to a certain question to be forwarded to the registration of another survey *at the end of the survey.*

This would indicate to me that you want all respondents to make it to the end of the survey, no matter if they said "yes" or "no" in that particular question.

For those that did say "yes" you want to redirect them to a registration for another survey.

However, your description is confusing, because it sounds that everyone should go to ENDURL 1 and then those that said "yes" ALSO to ENDURL 2, this won't work. You can redirect them only to one ENDURL each.

But you can use expressions in the ENDURL field, where you could do something like this:
Code:
{if(Qx=="Y", "http://endurl2.com", "http://endurl1.com")}

So if the answer to the question Qx is "Y", the Endurl would be endurl2.com (e.g. for the registration form) and if not, then it would go to the normal Endurl endurl1.com

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • wahoowa
More
3 years 4 months ago #209484 by wahoowa
Replied by wahoowa on topic Quota and 2nd End-URL
Hi Holch,

thank you for your prompt answer.

I actually need the participants who answered yes to be directed to both End-URLs (I thought that maybe it could be possible that a second browser window with the 2nd End-URL pops up).
Do you know if there is also a workaround to implement this?
  • Joffm
  • Away
More
3 years 4 months ago #209486 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Quota and 2nd End-URL
Depends, as usual

First it's not possible to have two urls as end-url.
But you can insert a button in the last page for the persons who answered "Yes" which triggers a new tab or window with this url.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • holch
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #209488 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Quota and 2nd End-URL
Well, two redirects at the same time are not possible (afaik).

So you might have to try to open a pop-up window or something. Not a good solution in my opinion, but probably the only chance you have to get them to both URLs at the end.

Now, I don't know if you can implement a Javascript on the end page and use automatic redirection to an End URL, I somehow have my doubst that the javascript on the end page would get triggered if the automatic redirection is active. But you wouldn need to see if someone else with more experience with Javascript can help there.

But to be honest, opening a new window is usually so labled "spam" and "fishy" in everyone's mind, that most will probably close the window automatically without looking at it. At least I probably would (if the browser isn't blocking it already).

Why not including the registration form for those that said "yes" directly in the survey?

Or ask for their email address and use the admin emails to send a link to the registration form via email?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by holch.
  • wahoowa
More
3 years 4 months ago #209491 by wahoowa
Hi Holch,

I agree, a second pop-up may appear a little fishy and I am also concerned that users may not fill it out.

What do you exactly mean by including the registration form in the first survey. Our wish would be that participants who answer yes will register for another survey (so that they are already in the data bank of the next survey), so that we don´t have to enter their data manually. Would that be possible within the first survey?

Thank you!
  • Joffm
  • Away
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #209495 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Quota and 2nd End-URL
Hi,

Create a button in a text display question at the end. Show this page to the people who answered yes.
When they click the button the registration page opens.
That's fine in my opinion. You can explain what will happen, why you do this and so on.
And the button is a standard bootstrap button
Code:
<a class="btn btn-primary" href="http://www.myPage.com" role="button" target="_blank">Registration</a>

Now these people can register, close the tab and afterwards when the complete the survey will be redirected to the other general end-url.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Joffm.
  • wahoowa
More
3 years 4 months ago #209506 by wahoowa
I think this could work for us!
Thank you for the idea and the instruction on the implementation, Joffm!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose