Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I include a copy of Assessment results (including Messages) in an email?

• Yannickvh
  • Yannickvh's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207687 by Yannickvh
Hi, I have created tailored messages based on a respondent's score of an assessment. They're all listed on the final page of the survey. Can this report be included in the confirmation email? (excluding their individual responses, I just want the assessment report to be emailed)
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #207690 by DenisChenu
You can copy/paste the final page to confirmation email.

[EDIT]
Oups : if it's done using assessment : you can use ExpressionManager to contruct it, it's more complex.

Need to use {ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} and do test with it
manual.limesurvey.org/Assessments#Use_.7...t_assessment_message

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • Joffm
More
3 years 5 months ago #207693 by Joffm
Hi,

Can this report be included in the confirmation email?

Did you try?

As mentioned in the manual you may use an equation to save the assessment value and display it.
manual.limesurvey.org/index.php?title=As...ssment_value_in_data

But anyway: Better than the assessment feature you'd use Expression manager/Script. It is much more flexible and powerful.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • Yannickvh
  • Yannickvh's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207694 by Yannickvh
Hi Joff,

I first set up equations for all questions. It didn't do what I wanted. Now I have set up a complete assessment. I know how to display the assessment value, I just wasn't sure how to display a unique message depending on the assessment value. Thanks for pointing me in this direction. I will study the Expression manager/Sript.
  • holch
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #207749 by holch
You know that assessment values are not stored in the database, right? Which is why we always recommend to use equations.

I first set up equations for all questions. It didn't do what I wanted.

Then you did it wrong. ;-)

Jokes aside, you can do everthing you can do with assessments also with equations (and much, much more). You can even use the assessment values within your equations.

Once you have the final value of the score that you created (it doesn't matter if it is via assements or equations), you can save that value in an equation type question. Based on that value you can write a text into an equation type question and display it there.

You can then include this text in your end message or your confirmation email, just like any other value of other questions, via {questioncode}

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by holch.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose